Now that I have the blog in Domino and acting as an accelerating incubator for Ruby-in-XPages (man, I need a better name for that), I decided I may as well put 8.5.3's filesystem synching to good use and put the whole thing up on GitHub with everything else:
I've also started keeping a todo list in the README file there with my notes and future plans for the blog, the Ruby runtime, and a tentative "Misc" section.
As for the interpreter itself, it's been coming along nicely. I've got it so it only needs to create a
ScriptingContainer once per request. It's not perfect, and ideally it'd only be one per Application or server - the
LocalScriptingContext.CONCURRENT mode seems tailor made for this. As it is, I'm pleased that Domino can serve the HTML for the blog's home page in under 300ms, considering most scripting computation is done in an "alien" language. It's a simple app and it's not Basecamp 2 speed, but it's a start.
I have script libraries (of a sort) working. If you drop Ruby files into
/WebContent/WEB-INF/ruby, you can reference them with familiar syntax:
<xp:script clientSide="false" src="/testlib.rb" type="text/x-ruby" />
Unfortunately, it doesn't yet pull in script libraries from themes (I think) and I don't know if it's available on
beforePageLoad, but, again, it's a step in the right direction. Once I can get a hold of the AD103 slides from LS2012 or find similar information elsewhere, I'll look at surfacing them as a design element.